Leverage Your Assets
Managing your intellectual property has never been more complex. Print and digital products, contracts and author agreements, tracking and compliance all necessitate that publishers provide accurate and timely data, protect critical relationships and ensure that they do not leave money on the table. New opportunities presented by digital publishing combined with an ever-increasing number of moving parts require a high level of administrative control over assets, connections and deals.
The Contracts, Rights and Royalties module of advance allows publishers to confidently fulfill contractual obligations, decrease operating expenses and boost revenue potential. Available as individual applications or as a complete system, advance CRR will help you leverage rights, royalties and permissions acquisition with accurate cash flow forecasting, multicurrency calculations and tracking across various products and content types.
Increase rights sales and boost revenue opportunities through better management of electronic rights, sub-rights, fragments and permissions. The advance Rights application ensures that you get the most out of your assets, no matter the size, format or fine details of the transaction.
- Exploit full subsidiary rights potential of your titles with real-time visibility to rights available supported by accurate metadata
- Track workflow, monitor sales efforts and chase expiring contracts
- Maximize recurring revenues with early license expiration warnings and immediate access to sales and publication histories
- Improve author relations and meet accounting and audit standards with full downstream management of rights income
- Support online sales of chapters, images and fragments through accurate data at fragment level
- Mitigate risk of rights violations through informed, data-driven decisions
- Determine sub-rights owned, rights on offer and rights sold with a clear, intuitive interface
- Avoid collision rights with clear visibility of all contracts
Better serve your authors, contributors, illustrators and other rights owners with confidence from initial contract to final payment. The advance Royalties solution is the only system on the market able to handle the complexities and nuances of today’s most creative deals.
- Automatically generate drafts, revisions and final contracts
- Conduct complex royalty calculations with built-in flexibility, including multiple-payee, multiple-author and multiple-title contracts, each with varying terms
- Support multiple currencies, US and VAT taxation and international tax reporting
- Streamline operations and forecast cash flow with built-in features
- Linking at the title and/or contract level for advances and escalation clauses
- Enhanced advance recovery and reserve-for-returns options
- Contract amortization
- Accruals and sales reprocessing
- Complete reporting with online payment and statement options.
- Product rights summaries, including electronic rights, sub-rights and permissions
- Statement templates to allow different formats for publishing divisions or imprints
- Improve Author Care with user-friendly options
- Multiple statement and report formats—paper, email, on-line
- On-screen availability of statements, contracts and correspondence to handle inquiries
- Tracked follow up and reporting options
- Optional, customizable author portal to support self-service
Increase ROI and ensure compliance with the most comprehensive and unparalleled Permissions system in the business. Using a browser plug-in, editorial, design and permissions-clearance teams can track permissions acquired across multiple products along with usage and financial information.
- Accelerate permissions acquisition through structured workflow and approval processes
- Record and monitor permissions with defined usage criteria to ensure compliance with usage contracts
- Expedite acquisition for new products or clearing/re-permissioning rights for existing products
- Confirm validity of permissions before marketing/selling subsidiary rights
- Monitor legal risk by verifying compliance to permissions contracts whether time- , print-run- or restriction-based
- Avoid duplicate costs for permission licensing for multiple products
- Reduce permissions expense through contract-based and target-based licensing, meet quotas and get the benefit of bulk use
- Track permissions cost to forecasts and budgets
- Load product information and track payments by interfacing directly with fulfillment systems
- Configure dashboards, templates, process flows and product records to individual specifications
Click here to contact our publishing experts and learn how advance can move your content forward.