2. The information we collect
3. Why we collect it
We use personally identifiable information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyze site usage, to improve our content and product offerings and to customize our site’s content, layout, and services. We believe these uses allow us to improve our site and better tailor it to meet our users’ needs.
We use your e-mail address to send you newsletters or other communications that you have requested from the site (for example, notifying you of upcoming events). Out of respect for our users we offer an opt-out. Depending upon your selections for our data protection, we may arrange for you to be sent information about related products and services from us and carefully selected third parties (see section 4). You may update your personal information at any time by resubmitting the registration form or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. Who we disclose it to
- We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties to enable us to perform services requested by you or with your prior consent.
- If you give your consent, we will pass your contact details to third parties who may then occasionally send communications to you and provide information offers and services that may be of interest to you.
- We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties overseas to enable us to perform services requested by you.
- As a general proposition, we do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party.
Your Personal Information is stored in our databases, which are located in the US. Please note that the information you enter may at some time be transferred outside the European Economic Area for the purposes of processing by Publishing Technology. By submitting your information, you consent to this transfer.
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and certain sections of the site may encrypt data using SSL or a comparable standard. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
6. Automated decisions
Parts of www.publishingtechnology.com are automatic and we may process your personal information data as part of www.publishingtechnology.com registration process.
7. Accessing and updating your personal information
We will always let you have a copy of the personal information we have about you should you request it, and you may correct it if you wish. This request should be made through an email at email@example.com